So are you wondering why I said that he is my most difficult child? Well, he likes to cause trouble. He doesn't listen at all. He doesn't think he needs to, I guess. He could get put in time out for doing the same thing several times in a row and it doesn't phase him at all. He will steal Kevin and Jenna's candy from Easter and eat it. When he gets caught he goes straight to time out. As soon as he is out he will do it again, if he can find more. I try really hard to keep all writing utensils out of his reach, but somehow he found some three different times last week and wrote all over the walls. One of his favorite things to do is to remove the vent covers and stick things down the vents. Most of time someone catches him doing this. He can't put the cover back on, so we usually notice. He is starting to sleep in a big bed for naps. One day this week instead of sleeping he was shredding books from the book case next to his bed (I didn't find that out until hours later). If I tell him not to do something, he will smile at me and do it anyway. He will fake cry sometimes when I put him in time out, but as soon as his two minutes are up he'll go right back to doing whatever he was doing before. Those are just a few of the many examples I could give.
Sometimes he is quite difficult do deal with. However, when he gives me that great big grin and gives me a squeeze hug, I can't help but think about how great he is. He really is such a great addition to our family, even if he is trouble. He will be the one that keeps us laughing for years to come. We love you Jared, even if you do keep us on our toes.
Enjoy the pictures.
One day this week, while I was showering, Jared decided to strip down to a diaper and get into the lotion. This is lotion that I keep on the back of my kitchen sink. He moved a barstool over to the sink and got the lotion. He is a thinker. :)
At least it wasn't as hard to clean up as when Kevin got into sunscreen. Remember that? :)

This is Jared talking on the cell phone and wearing one of Jenna's dress-up shoes. I told you he is funny.
This is how we found Jared one night. He was sound asleep with a Winnie the Pooh playing card stuck to his head. He loves those cards. He carries them around all the time and is always asking for "Pooh" cards. I guess he took some to bed with him, and one got stuck to his head. :)
5 comments:
Hi Amanda,
I'm so glad you invited me to look at your blog! We miss you here in Utah... I can see you guys are doing great, kids are getting older and, some of them, getting in trouble.
I think I told you once, everybody always get one of "those", if you know what I mean... I got two: Caleb and Alyssa. Turns out she is as difficult as Caleb. Well, she has a great teacher.
I'm glad we can be in touch now!
Ahhhhhh, the third kid. Your stories remind me so much of Dallin. The rules are different for them right? At least they think so.
oOOoooh boy... glad corban's not that quick yet.
Mom always threatened that we'd get a kid just like us. Jared must be just like Derek. :) I don't think you were ever that sneaky.
I'm a little worried for our number 3...
What is with these kids? Enok doesn't listen either. It's like I don't exist. :)
Post a Comment