Last Wednesday (yes I am a little behind) all of the kindergarten classes at Kevin's school went on a field trip to the Richmond Zoo. It worked out well that it was finals week for Derek, and he didn't have any finals that day. Derek went as a chaperon, but only was in charge of Kevin, which was great. Because Derek drove up separately, he and Kevin were able to stay after all the classes left. They pretty much had the zoo to themselves. It was a great experience for them. Just to warn you, there are a lot of pictures. There were 63 though, so be grateful I didn't subject you to all of them. Ha ha! :)
(Oh, one other thing...I found out the reason we didn't have water one day last week was because of a scheduled upgrade. They thought they could get it done without interruption, but they were wrong. Apparently!!! I was really annoyed when I read that in the local paper. They really couldn't have at least warned us? This is when I really hate monopolies. I don't have any other choice for water. Argh!!)
Enjoy the pictures (You'll notice that Kevin makes a funny face in almost all of the pictures. He refuses to make a "normal" face):
These were some very talented acrobatic monkeys. Kevin thought they were very cool.

I love Kevin's expression in this picture.

That is a huge tortoise behind him.

The children each had a cup of food they could give to the animals. These giraffes would eat out of their hands.

Kevin refused to let it eat from his hand, so this is one of his classmates.

Kevin would only feed the animals that he could throw food to. :)

Kevin and the penguins.

The zoo had a sky ride (i.e. cable cars) that allowed them to see the animals from overhead. Kevin was a little scared at first, but he warmed up (at least a little) by the end.


Derek said when all the Kindergarteners left the noise level in the zoo dropped dramatically. He said the animals were pretty warn out from all the little kids. I think these rhinoceroses paint the perfect picture. I must admit that I often look (or at least feel) like that when my children go to bed each night. :)

The peacocks would just walk along the paths with the people. Pretty cool!

Kevin and the flamingos (sounds like the name of a band, doesn't it?)
1 comment:
Great pictures! Looks like they had a great time. :)
Post a Comment