Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Youth Conference and Tall Ships

I am really late posting yet again. I feel like the traveling queen lately (and I am not done yet). This past week I went back to Virginia for youth conference. Youth conference was a two and a half day conference for the 14-18 year old boys and girls from our church. Being that I am in charge of the girl youth, I went as their leader. I left on Wednesday of last week and drove 11 hours to Virginia. Youth Conference went from Thursday morning until Saturday afternoon. I had a really good time. We went on a few different hikes, cleared a trail as a service project, did a high ropes course, built a "boat" (it floated and carried us across a pond and back), had some free time, two dances and performed skits. The youth seemed to have a pretty good time too. My children stayed in New Hampshire with my mom. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Derek would come home from his internship in the evenings and help. He was also home on Saturday and Sunday. They all survived me being gone, and we were happy to be reunited on Sunday night. I have no pictures from youth conference, which is too bad because we stayed at a boarding school (out for the summer) that has a beautiful campus.

These are pictures of the kids eating dinner one night while I was gone. They are a bit dirty as they had been helping grandma out in the garden.

Jared loves to strip down to a diaper

Kevin really does love salad, which we think is great.

Classic Jenna. She can be a very moody girl. I can't wait until she is a teenager. (Yes, I am being sarcastic).


While I was gone, Derek took the kids to see the "Tall Ships." That is the name of the exhibit in Boston (I believe they are gone now). It had a few big ships in it that had been used in wars. The main ship I saw info on was the U.S.S. Cassin Young. The kids had a really good time. Unfortunately Derek forgot the camera. He took some pictures with his cell phone, but they are not very good.

These are the pictures from the "Tall Ships"







In other very exciting news: Kevin has his first loose tooth!!! He is very excited. I am actually surprised it hasn't fallen out yet. He knows all about the tooth fairy, so he is very anxious for the tooth to fall out. :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey Amanda, I have a strange question for you. Where exactly do you live right now? I just put a blog tracker on my blog to see who is viewing it, and I keep getting someone from Oxford, Massachusetts, and I'm trying to figure out who that is. I have a friend in the Boston area, but I couldn't remember where you are too. Just wondering. I haven't done that before, but I had a friend tell me about it, because she's thinking about going private, because she's been getting people viewing her blog for hours that are from out of the country. Kind of creepy. I haven't had that yet, but if I notice that, I might go private too.

Stacey said...

Hi again, Amanda, sorry that I keep sending you notes here, but I don't have your email address. I just made my blog private (I'll try it for a while), but I don't have your email to invite you. Let me know, and I'll put you on the list. Thanks! :)

Stephers said...

I'm glad youth conference was fun! One down, one to go, right? What a crazy summer for you guys. It will be fun to see you in a couple weeks!

Van Cott Family said...

Hi, Wow what a fun time can I come next time? the green grass ect is what makes me green with envy! You look fabulous.
--Julie