This past week we left New Hampshire on Tuesday to return to Virginia. It was an 11 hour drive. Then on Wednesday morning we left Virginia to fly to Utah for my sister-in-law's wedding. While there we also got to hang out with my best friend, Stephanie and her family (I need to get pictures from her to post). Thanks for letting us stay with you!!! Derek was also able to meet up with his old BYU professor, and some old co-workers. We left Utah at about 1am on Saturday. I had never taken a red eye flight before. I don't know that I would do it again. The kids slept the entire flight, which was great. Jenna and Jared even slept in the Atlanta airport during our layover. Derek and I, on the other hand, did not sleep too well. We were both exhausted. I was unable to stay awake on the drive home. Derek made it, but just barely. He said if we would have had to go any farther, we would have been in trouble. We got to our house around 1p yesterday, and everyone went to bed for about 4 hours. :) We are still pretty tired, but I think we will recover in a few days.
Anne and Adlai's wedding was beautiful. Anne looked so elegant. I loved her dress. They seemed very happy, and I am excited for them. They had dancing at their reception. Kevin danced the entire time. He asked several women to dance the slow songs with him. He was so cute. He said it was the best night of his life. :) Thanks Anne and Adlai! It was nice to hang out with family. I wish the trip could have been a little longer.
Overall, we had a great time in Utah. I wish we could have stayed longer, but that was not possible with Derek's internship. I am sorry that we couldn't see more people while we were there. Kevin wishes we would move back to Utah. He really misses it there. He says there are too many trees in Virginia. Derek and I think he's nuts. :) I guess when you are born in Utah you love the desert.
Here are some pictures from the wedding:
Anne and Adlai right after the temple ceremony

Jenna and Anne. I love this picture.

Anne, Adlai, and Jenna. Jenna is going to love her new uncle!

Nana and Jenna. This is a great picture.

Jared was a little bored. Can you tell?


A decent family picture.

Kevin, Mr. GQ himself.

Colin, Jared and Kevin. We think Jared looks a lot like his Uncle Colin.

Anne with Jared, Jenna, and Kevin

Colin, Diana, Anne, and Derek. The siblings minus one.

Kevin, Alexina, and Jenna. Alexina was awesome! She and her twin sister, Jenny helped out so much with our children. They helped make it very enjoyable for Derek and I. Thanks!

The siblings and their families.

Adlai and Kevin exchanging "High 5s" Kevin will also really enjoy his new uncle.

Anne and Adlai with the niece and nephews.

Jared on the roof of the reception center before the reception began.

How can you not love that face? Such a cutie!

Jenna hanging out with Gordon, Nana and Aunt Edith on the roof of the reception center.
2 comments:
Looks like you had a nice trip! I agree--Summer has gone by way too fast!
It was so great to see you! I'm glad it was fun for you too :-)
Post a Comment