Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oddball Tournament 2009

We are very blessed to have awesome neighbors. Kevin, Jenna, and Jared spend a lot of time playing with our neighbors. The children next door are very smart and creative children. A few weeks ago they brought a flyer to our door announcing the first annual "Oddball Tournament." They explained that Oddball was a game they made up. Over the next couple of weeks they taught our children and the children across the street how to play the game. They also taught Jenna, and the little girl across the street (Jenna's best friend), some cheers, as they were going to be the cheerleaders. Kevin was on Team Alaska Bears with the boy next door. The other team was Team Aerodynamics with the girl next door and boy across the street. The kids have really been looking forward to this tournament.

Unfortunately, I was in D.C. for the day with some women from our church, so I didn't get to see it. Derek was there and took all the pictures. Since he is out right now, I will do my best to guess what the pictures are, based on what they told me. All that I know about Oddball is that you can use any part of your body except your hands. Our neighbors went all out for the tournament. They made shirts for the players and pom-poms for the cheerleaders. One of the mothers made cookies and brought medals for all the kids. It was a great day for them. Below are the pictures (and sorry Julie, no pictures or me again, since I wasn't there...maybe next week). I think that Kevin's team won, but I don't know for sure, and it really doesn't matter.

Kevin playing the game:




Even though this picture is blurry, I really like it. It is a great picture of Kevin giving his all.


Jenna and our neighbor doing a cheer. Jared would also do the cheers off to the side. Very cute, I heard.


More cheering. I know this is blurry, but I thought it was a great jump by Jenna.


I love this picture. I am guessing that this is at the end of one of Jared's cheers. Derek did a great job capturing this.


Jared was the equipment manager. They did a good job coming up with a role for everyone. Here he is holding the ball.


These are the awesome cookies our neighbor made. She is the world's best cookie maker. We LOVE her cookies. We are going to gain a lot of weight living by her. :)


As you can tell by their faces, the kids had a blast. I am really grateful we have such awesome neighbors for our children to play with.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What cool neighbors! That's awesome. Did Witt's (sp?) make the cookies?

I'm impressed with your creative neighbor kids that came up with their own game and then made flyers and conducted a tournament. That's great!