We hung around, and enjoyed the nicer weather this week. I was able to get out on all my runs from Tuesday on, which was great. Unfortunately, it continues to be pretty cold in the mornings, even though it is warmer in the afternoons. The kids played outside several times this week. I think that tomorrow, the kids and I are going to hit up Lowes for some paint. I have been promising to redo their rooms, and I think the time has come. It will take a while, because the walls, ceilings, closets, doors, door frames, and baseboards all need to be painted, but I think it will be worth the time in the end. I always love the look of a freshly painted room.
Also, we were on TV this week. We went to a breakfast fundraiser on Saturday for a girl whose husband died tragically in a caving accident in Nutty Putty Caves in Utah. She has a small child and one on the way. Very sad! Anyway, her husband was a med student at UVA. The fundraiser was a pancake breakfast at Applebees. The local TV station was there, and filmed us eating (it probably helps that we knew the cameraman). Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it because we don't have TV (we didn't watch it enough to justify the expense right now), but a few people at church mentioned that they saw us. I should be flattered, but I don't know that I love the idea of people watching us eat. :)
Here are some pictures from the week:
The kids have been really into puzzles lately. One day Jared decided he wanted to put together a 100 piece puzzle (in other words, I would put most of it together, and he would do the last few pieces and be very excited about it). :) Here we are working on the puzzle.
After we put together the puzzle, Jared decided to be a puzzle distributor. Here he is carrying around his goods.
Derek and I. Derek has been working from home during his break the last few weeks. That all changes this week when school starts on Wednesday. I don't think we will see much of him for the next four months.
After taking some pictures, Derek set our new camera on the coffee table in our living room. The kids were playing around in there a little later. They, not surprisingly, weren't paying attention to what was already on the table, and just started pushing everything back to make room for what they wanted up there. The camera hit the floor. No one realized it until about an hour later. Derek wanted to make sure it worked correctly, so he took these pictures.
Derek
Amanda
I hate having my picture taken. I semi-cooperated for the first picture. In this picture you can tell by my face that I am trying to get him to leave me alone. (Plus, I was trying to make dinner). Very annoying! :)
After bugging me for pictures, Derek decided to try and get a nice picture of himself and Kevin. I couldn't resist sneaking some bunny ears in the background. The best part was that they didn't know until they looked at the picture. Hehe...
Our church puts out a magazine for children called "The Friend." My children love it. Recently our church also started a website to go along with the magazine. It is the perfect Sunday activity for them. Here they are enjoying the website. (We also finally moved our computer out of our bedroom, and into the living room - Hallelujah!).
Here are the updated pictures of Jenna's house.
They colored the inside of the door.
And the inside of the house.
The exterior, plus Jared. I love this picture.
1 comment:
What a cool house! And we heard a lot about the spelunker who died out here... so sad.
Post a Comment