I will let the pictures tell what we have been doing the last two weeks.
The weather has started to turn nice here (though many people think that we will have another snow storm before the month is out), so the kids have been playing outside more. Jenna decided that it is time for Jared to learn to ride a bike. Since I was busy with something else, she decided to teach him. She has definitely turned into a little mom. :)
Jenna and Derek. Understandably, Derek removed my picture from the background of his computer and replaced it with this picture. Jenna has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. :)
Kevin's 1st Grade class went on a field trip to a children's museum called Amazement Square about an hour and a half from here. Derek was able to take the day and go with him. They had a great time.
Kevin Bowling
Kevin playing wheelchair basketball
Shooting
Good shot Kevin!
Derek and Kevin at the museum.
This is a small zip line. Kevin really liked it. (I have no idea what is on his shirt). :)
Kevin jamming on the guitar.
The museum had a section full of tunnels. Playing in them was one of Kevin's favorite activities.
Jenna decided to add tree climbing to her list of hobbies (a hobby popular with her older brother as well). Apparently Kevin told her that he would catch her if she fell. Hmm...
For extra money Jenna and Jared have taken jobs as kitchen help. (Don't judge, taking care of three kids and having a husband in grad school is expensive. Someone has to pay the bills).
Kevin started baseball practice. He is in the Babe Ruth league. His team is the Orioles. They practice three times/week for 1 1/2+ hours. This is Kevin's first year playing, so his skills are a little behind the others, but he is learning quickly. They have their first game in two weeks, so hopefully he will have a good idea of what is going on by then.
Catching
Throwing
We watched my brother and sister-in-law's four children this weekend. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins. Unfortunately, it rained much of the time, so they spent a lot of time playing the Wii.
I also had them make little foam eggs. They had a good time and got pretty creative.
We rounded out the day yesterday decorating egg shaped cookies. The kids really enjoyed making them, and I really enjoyed the fruits of their labors (or maybe I should say am enjoying). :)
Jared
Kevin
Jenna
Unfortunately the weekend ended with one of their children and one of mine (Kevin) getting sick. Kevin vomited so hard today that he broke a bunch of capillaries in his face. He looks like he has freckles. It is actually pretty cute (don't tell him I said that). I was hoping we would be able to avoid the stomach flu (it has been going around), but alas, we couldn't run forever. :) Overall it was a great weekend, and I would be happy to watch them again.
Now on to a week of relaxation. Just kidding. I have a whole house to paint and get ready to sell. The fun never ends. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment