Sunday, May 02, 2010

May Already?!

Is it really May already? How can that be? I turn thirty this month. I was really hoping it would take longer to get here. I have a couple of weeks left in my 20s. In some ways I am looking forward to being 30, in other ways, I am not. However, since it is inevitable, I am trying to focus on the positive, and be happy about it. :) Speaking about birthdays, Jenna has one later this month too (she will be 5, not 30). :) Anyway, this morning she told me that for her birthday she wants dance lessons and jewelry. Who knew I was raising such a girly girl. :)

Anyway, on to more exciting things than turning 30. Last weekend we went to North Carolina for a quick house hunting trip. Our plan is to rent for about a year before we buy, to get to know the area. Right now we have a target area, and have seen a few options to rent come across the internet in that area. Even though the trip was very short, it was really helpful. We were able to drive around some of the areas we hope to end up. We found our church building. We went to church on Sunday. We met some really nice people that we have continued to stay in contact with. They are helping us figure out where we want to be, and to answer our questions. The kids actually went and played at someone's house for a couple of hours after church last Sunday while Derek and I looked around. They had a great time. The whole way home Jenna kept saying that she wanted to stay in NC and play with her new friends. We even drove down by the LDS temple so that the kids could see it. I am really excited to have a temple so close.

This past week we had another visit from the tooth fairy. Kevin lost his other front tooth one morning before school. I think he looks so cute with both front teeth missing. I still remember having both front teeth missing. We had to get a picture (or two).




Kevin continues to enjoy baseball. He is understanding the game a little better. It is fun to see his progress. He has been able to get at least one hit per game for the last few games. A couple of weeks ago he decided that he was going to hit the ball every game, and he has. I wish I had that kind of mind power. :) Yesterday he hit the ball both times that he was at bat, but didn't score either time. The first time he crossed home plate, but they got another runner out as he was running home, and that ended the inning, negating his run. Being near a baseball field has been his biggest "demand" for the new house. We actually did see a baseball training center while we were driving around in NC. I am going to see if they run summer camps for children. He would love that.

Kevin at last Saturday's game on first base (I know he is hard to see, I was behind third base, and I am short).


Kevin running in to score last Saturday. He is the one running along the baseline. (By some miracle, I actually remembered my camera).


My goal was to get the house on the market by May 1. I didn't make it. I am pretty close. I have the kids' rooms almost finished. They are only missing (removable) stickers on the wall. The boys' room is Cars aka "Lightning McQueen" themed. Jenna's room is butterfly themed. I think they are cute. I still need to organize my room, paint the trim in the kitchen, master bath, and upstairs hallway, and fix the railing outside. I also need to rewash some windows (with three small children they don't stay clean for long. Once I finish that I just need to completely clean the house. I am hopeful I can get this done in the next few days (since I am already passed my goal date). We shall see. At the very least, it better be on the market by the end of the week. :)

This week it was Kevin's turn to choose the dessert. He wanted a baseball cake. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

We are so excited for you guys--birthdays, a move to NC, no front teeth, etc. I can't wait to see pictures of your house when you finish. We miss you. We need to meet in Williamsburg or something when you're done with the house.

Amber R. said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Cool baseball cake!

Stephers said...

Whew, it makes me tired to read your letter about all the housework you have. But it all be worth it if it sells! North Carolina really sounds amazing. Can you believe we are really this old??? Kiersten and Kevin now have matching smiles!

romanrobertaloftus said...

It's good to see that you're doing well... Kevin looks super cute with his front teeth missing!