A few weeks ago we had a visit from my sister and her family. They came into to town so that Derek and David, Rachel's husband, could run a 5K. Derek and David are fast. They took 2nd and 3rd, respectively, overall in the race. We had a great time hanging out with them. Derek was really happy to have David running with him. They pushed each other along. The race took place at a golf course, where a huge golf tournament was being held a little later in the day. The sponsors set up a free bouncy area for the kids. My kids loved it, of course.
Derek finishing the race. I believe that clock says 19:20, which equates to 6:13min/mile pace. I can't even run one mile close to that. :)
Derek won a prize for coming in 2nd place (a gift certificate to a local sports store)
The cousins at the race. Kevin, Jared, Levi, Jenna, and Janie
Jared on the bouncy slide
Kevin trying to hit the hockey puck. He did pretty well.
Jenna trying to hit the hockey puck. She didn't do quite as well.
The kids kept themselves occupied by taking pictures on the computer, and watching Kevin play games on Derek's phone.
Levi really liked taking pictures on the computer
Levi and Jared enjoyed watching Kevin play games on Derek's phone
A few weeks ago my children had a random Friday off of school. I decided that we weren't going to sit home all day and be bored. So, we drove to an apple orchard about an hour away. They had an area set up with picnic tables, tire/rope swings, sand boxes, and a huge rock the kids could climb. They had apples too, but we didn't get any. We had intended to pick apples, but about 5 minutes (or less) after we got there, Jenna got stung by a bee. She wasn't even doing anything. She was standing about a foot away from me, talking to me. All of a sudden she screamed. The area was red, and we could see where the stinger went in. It hurt her a lot. There were tons of bees there, and even more by the apples. When she saw how many bees were by the apples, she didn't want to pick any. I couldn't blame her for that, so we skipped the apple picking, and just played. I did "support" the orchard by buying each of my children a treat before we left.
Jenna having a good time. I am pretty sure this was before she got stung (because she pretty much cried from the time she got stung, until we left).
Playing in the sandbox
Kevin on the tire swing
Jenna on the tire swing
Jared on the tire swing
Kevin on the big rock
Jared, wanting me to put down the camera, and help him up the rock. :)
Jared on the big rock
Kevin, Jenna, and Jared enjoying their treats at the end.
There have been a couple of times lately when I have caught my boys being really nice to each other. I think it is really cute, so I took pictures. :) (Just like a mom, huh).
Jared is watching Kevin play a game on Derek's phone, and Kevin is patiently letting him.
Kevin reading to Jared
Kevin and Jared
Here are some other random pictures from the month.
Jenna:
This is how Jenna spends much of her life, which is why I thought she might want to try gymnastics
Jenna and I cooking together. She is really helpful in the kitchen, and fun too.
Jenna is the girl of many faces. Here are just a few.
Happy:
Angry (we told her she couldn't use the camera anymore):
Fun Lovin':
Jared:
Jared has so much personality. He loves to dress up. Here he is in his pjs, with a conductor hat and a superman cape. I love this kid.
Riding his firetruck, in his astronaut costume, with a fire fighter hat.
Derek and Amanda:
Jenna wanted to take some pictures one evening. These turned out pretty well.
1 comment:
Could Janie possibly give a dirtier look!? That girl! At least her brother is a smiley kid. :)
Your kids are great! Levi still talks about getting Jenna off of the bus EVERY time we see one. We hope to see you again soon! Love you!
Post a Comment