Sunday, November 07, 2010

Halloween

Halloween Graveyard Cake


This was Kevin's dessert choice a few weeks ago. Everyone got to place their own gravestone. Everyone also got to place some ghosts, and worms on it. The kids loved that.


About two weeks before Halloween we went to a "Customer Appreciation Fall Festival" put on by our Realtor and Mortgage Broker's Firm. It was actually really fun. They had food, vendor booths (which had toys and candy for the kids), face painting, pumpkin painting, and balloon animals. It was all "free." As our Broker said "I'm sure you paid for it somewhere along the way, so make sure you get plenty to eat." So true. The balloon guy and the face painter were very impressive. The face painter was amazing, actually. She chose what she would paint on the kids faces (they got to say Halloween or non-Halloween).

Jared's balloon creation - a skeleton (I thought this was really cool)






Jenna's flower balloon. She is actually annoyed that Derek wanted to take her picture. Hence the look on her face. Hilarious, I say.


Here she is making an angry face because he is taking her picture anyway. She makes the greatest angry faces. That is a trait she got from me. :)


Kevin's balloon animal - a tiger sitting under a tree


Jared wanted something non-Halloween on his face, so he got a dragon


Jenna got a witch painted on her face


Kevin with his face painted


That is "blood" dripping down his face


For Halloween this year our ward (at church) had a chili cook-off, games, costume parade, and trunk-or-treating. They gave out prizes for the chili, best adult costumes, and best decorated trunk. We didn't win any of them. :( That could be because I had only made chili once before, ever, and the recipe I made was only OK, and Derek and I didn't dress up, and we didn't really decorate our trunk. But who can really say. :) The party was at a clubhouse in a neighborhood, and it was great! It was probably the best church Halloween party I have ever been too. It just went off really well, and was a lot of fun. The kids got plenty of candy, which was good because they didn't trick-or-treat this year. Overall we had a great Halloween.

Kevin as Darth Vader. He bought the light saber specifically for the costume. It lights up and makes battle sounds. He loves it.


Kevin wears this costume quite a bit now.


I thought this was a great picture. Kevin is really hoping to get a "real" Darth Vader mask for Christmas. I have heard through the grapevine that he won't be disappointed. :)


Cinderella (aka Jenna) Jenna really wanted to be Cinderella, but I was too cheap to buy her a "real" Cinderella costume. This one was close enough. A few people even called her Cinderella, so she was satisfied.


Our little astronaut, Jared. Thanks to great grandma and great grandpa for this great costume.


Kevin, Jenna, and Jared


3 comments:

Amanda Nemelka said...

For some reason, I thought your blog was private, so I hadn't really checked it, but I guess it isn't. Your house looks amazing! Anything is better than our 100 year old 1100 sq foot house though, I guess. I'm excited for you guys! I didn't know you were in NC. It seems that everyone I know ends up there. I have a bunch of people I knew in NJ that are now there as well as my brother, best friend and aunt! Random. Anyway, glad to see your family and hear some updates.

lynnette said...

Amanda that Halloween cake is awesome! You make the coolest desserts:)

Susie said...

I love your kids!! Jenna is hilarious to me--I can't believe the attitude girls come with (we've had plenty of those angry looks in our house). What is going to happen in 10 years?! Should we meet somewhere halfway and eat cheesecake when our girls turn teenagers?