Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Adventures from this Week

This week my sister and her little boy, Levi, headed back to Virginia. We were sad to see them go. We had a good time hanging out with them. The children loved hanging out with their cousin. Kevin was especially good with Levi. They had fun together. Kevin could really get Levi laughing. It was really cute.

On Thursday, while Derek and my dad were at work, my mom and I took the kids to Maine to Fort McCleary. It is an old Fort that has been around for more than 275 years. The original buildings are gone. The "newer" building were built in the early 1800s. The fort sits right on the Ocean so that they could see ships coming in. However, as they said in their flier, being that the fort is in Maine, it saw very little fighting. :) Kevin really enjoyed the fort. Jared did pretty well, except when I held onto him so that he couldn't fall out of the open windows. :) He hates to be restrained. His favorite part was looking at the boats in the ocean. He loves water. Jenna wasn't really a fan. She kept saying she wanted to leave. She also enjoyed looking at the ocean.

After we finished looking at the fort we sat in my mom's car and ate lunch. While we were eating I was reading the flier I had picked up. It said there was a park and picnic area located across the street. We drove over and let the kids play for a little bit before heading home. The kids had a great time at the park. Kevin and Grandma even went for a little hike on a trail off of the park.

Today the kids got a special treat. Derek's mom, Nana as the kids call her, came to visit. She was only here for a few hours, but the kids really enjoyed seeing her. They had been looking forward to her visit. Thank you for going out of your way to see us. Enjoy the rest of your eastern vacation Nana!

Other than that, we have just been enjoying spending time with Grandma and Grandpa (my mom and dad). We are all being spoiled by our time here. :) Enjoy the pictures.

Jenna and Kevin running through the sprinklers at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Jared has the cutest little run. This picture doesn't really capture it

Kevin in his new swim suit. He really wanted one with a shirt.

Levi and Rachel

Levi playing with a football. He really such a happy little boy.

Grandma, Jenna and Kevin looking at the Ocean at Fort McCleary

Grandma, Jenna, Jared, and Kevin at the entrance to Fort McCleary. You'll notice that Kevin is making a funny face in all of these pictures.

Kevin, Jared, and Jenna in a window at Fort McCleary

Amanda, Jared, Jenna, and Kevin. Amanda is trying to get the kids to all look at the camera at the same time.

Obviously it didn't work

2 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

How funny I was just looking at your blog! I didn't have time to comment but now Dave is home I'm doing more blogging and saw your comment! Fun pictures! and what gorgeous grass I miss real grass!!! What state are you in again? I might be planning a hiatus out east. E-mail me if you'd prefer not to name your state via blog! :) I really do consider you my intellectual friend! Thanks!
--Julie

Sarah Beck said...

Oh, I want to go to the East Coast SO BAD!!! Look at those hills! We don't have hills in Fargo :( and we have water, just not pretty ocean water. Steve has a conference next year in DC and I think I'm going out with him...maybe we could meet up--how far are you from DC?