Below is how we spent our weekend. I hope yours was as enjoyable as ours.
Jared helping me clean so we could go back to the Lake
Jared playing with an old VW Bus. This belonged to my uncle when he was about Jared's age. All of the kids loved playing with it. An oldie but goody. :)
My aunt braided Jenna's hair and I thought she looked so cute when it was done.
Jenna buried in the sand. The kids had a great time playing in the sand.
Kevin playing in the water. I love this picture!
The Lake at Sunset. It is so peaceful there.
The boat decorated for the 4th. There was a boat parade at 2:00p that day. Unfortunately we thought it was at 3p and missed it. Most of the kids were still napping. Oops!
Enjoying the festivities
Kevin and Jared
Kevin with a sparkler. When I first saw the pile of sparklers I thought there would be a bunch left over. Boy was I wrong. The kids blew through them.
Kevin with a burnt out sparkler
Mom and Jenna with sparklers
Kevin enjoying the bonfire
Kevin roasting marshmallows so that he can make a s'more
Me roasting marshmallows so Jenna and Jared could have s'mores (I don't care for s'mores). Not the most flattering picture. :)
Jenna enjoying her s'more
Jenna and Kevin watching the fireworks
The fireworks. I thought Derek did a good job taking these pictures.
Jenna and Kevin watching the fireworks
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had way more fun than we did on the fourth! Haha...although emptying boxes is quite a party. :) I'm sad we couldn't come back and join you, but I'm glad you guys had such a great time. The 4th at the lake is ALWAYS great.
I love the picture of Kevin with the burnt out sparkler. His facial expression is perfect. I also really like the last picture Derek took of the kids watching the fireworks. It's really good.
We miss you guys so much already. Poor Levi really misses the kids. He hasn't been the same since we got home. He cries a lot and is having major separation anxiety issues. We'll have to get together again soon.
Baa! Seriously, Amanda, your kids are THE cutest kids on the block. Or maybe in town. (Whatever town you're in.) That little picture of Jenna smiling with her braided hair is wonderful. They all look alike and yet so different.
Anyway - yay for a good 4th. We went to a parade on Saturday and that was about it. Since they kept shooting off guns every 20 seconds, Sam was not a happy camper. Well, until some people handed us some suckers...and then he was happy as a clam.
Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July. That's great that you could spend it with family. Your kids are adorable! :)
Post a Comment