Jenna fell asleep "reading" her book. She was very tired.

I missed updating last week because we were on our way home from my nephew's baptism. It was awesome to be there for it. I cannot believe he is already 8. Thanks for a great weekend, family.
The last two weeks have been busy. I am going to let the pictures tell the story. Beware, there are a lot of them.
Jenna's preschool took a field trip to a local apple orchard called "Carter's Mountain." Jared and I went with her. We had a great time. We went to "Apple School" - where we learned about apples, took a hayride, had a yummy snack, picked apples, and got mini pumpkins.
Jared, Jenna, and Amanda at Carter's Mountain

Jenna and Jared showing off their mini pumpkins at Carter's Mountain. I swear that it is impossible to get multiple children to look at the camera and smile at the same time.


Looking out over Charlottesville from Carter's Mountain

Jared and Jenna enjoying apple cider doughnuts and apple cider. Yum!

Jenna, the apple worm

Jared the apple worm

Picking Apples


"We're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz..." I love this picture, but every time I look at it, I think of Dorothy skipping down the yellow brick road. :)

Kevin had a field trip this week to see the play "Room on the Broom." Unfortunately, only two parents from his entire class could attend, so I didn't get to go. He had a good time. It was his first experience with live theater. Since I didn't go, there are no pictures. However, Kevin has been busy with some other things the last couple of weeks that I did get pictures of:
Kevin, on his own, decided to write a letter to President Obama about a concern of his. We are proud of our activist son! :)

In case you can't read it, it says "Why do Bus Drivers have seat belts, but students do not?"

Speaking of Kevin's latest accomplishments, this is what he did during our General Conference a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us showed him how to do this. It is not correct, but it is pretty good for just making it up on his own. I think the time has definitely come to start teaching him piano.

My parents stopped by for a quick visit last week on their way to my brother's house (my sister and her husband were here too, but I don't have any pictures of them). I asked my dad to take a look at a light that wasn't working. Jared decided to "help." If you look at the ceiling, you will notice that the light from the flashlight is not exactly where it should be. :) The best part about this, though, is that the bulb was burnt out, and that is why the light didn't work. I thought I had checked that... My bad. :$

Our children, and their parents, have been enjoying the wonderful fall weather (until the last few days, where did the 40s and 50s come from???? What happened to the 60s and 70s?):
Jenna enjoying our back yard.

Jared enjoying our hammock.

I love Jared's smile in this picture. He looks so innocent, doesn't he? Check out the next picture to see what his "innocent" swinging did to his sister.

This is the result of Jared and Jenna swinging at the same time. Jenna was swinging high and fast, but straight. Jared thought it would be a good idea to swing to the side instead of forward. Jenna enjoyed a nice black eye for about a week. Lovely.

Derek decided that we should take the kids for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the beautiful fall trees. We are about a week or two too early, but today was the only free Saturday we will have for a little while. It was still very beautiful. We drove through part of the Shenandoah National Park. We all loved it (except for the part about it being 42 degrees). We stopped at most of the overlooks along the way, so the kids were able to get out and run around. I can't wait to go back in the spring. If you click on any of the pictures with the mountains in the background, you will probably be able to see all the colors in the trees on the mountains. Beautiful!
Jenna and Jared enjoying the Appalachian Trail. Kevin and I stayed in the car because it was so cold.

Derek, Amanda, Jared and Kevin. Jenna took this picture. She did a good job.

Our attempt at a family picture with the beautiful background. Apparently Kevin doesn't want people to know he is associated with us. I can't really blame him. We are pretty odd.

Kevin and Jenna. I love the face Jenna is making.

Jenna, Kevin, and Jared. Again, Jenna's face is awesome. She must have learned to make faces like that from her dad...just kidding.

Amanda and Jared walking through the woods. This is a great picture. Good job Derek!

Jenna

Jared

Jenna enjoying her picnic lunch. She and Derek lasted the longest outside for lunch. It was too cold for the rest of us.

Jenna

Jenna's moment of Zen:
Jenna was singing "The Star Spangled Banner" the other day. She sang several of the words incorrectly, but my favorite was her replacement of "And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,..." She said "And the rockets' red glare, and the burning in hell,..."
My favorite mixed up word for the week:
Jenna keeps asking us for more "spitachios." She means "pistachios." :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you updated! I've been checking all week. :) We really enjoyed coming up to see you guys. Thanks for including us in the blog...even if we only made it in with parentheses. :)
I love Jenna's moment of Zen. David and I laughed really hard. So funny!
Your kids are so cute and so grown up!
Post a Comment