On Thursday evening I got a call from my sister asking me what it felt like to be in labor. We talked a bit, and it sounded like she was in the beginning stages of labor. She asked if I would go down for the weekend to help her, if she had the baby. She ended up have a beautiful little girl early Friday morning. I had to rearrange a bunch of things, but I was able to do so quickly and easily. Everyone was really understanding.
On Friday night I headed to Suffolk to spend the night at the hospital with Rachel. I got there about 11:30p. It was perfect because she was about to head to the nursery to feed the baby, so I was able to go right away and meet her. (She (the baby) had to stay in the nursery for observations). She was very awake and alert (just like a newborn to be awake and alert at midnight :) ). It was fun to hold a newborn. They are so tiny! I have to admit that I was glad I didn't have to get up every three hours through the night to feed a newborn. :) That is one major advantage of older kids - no night feedings.
Anyway, I stayed down in Suffolk/Chesapeake at either the hospital or Rachel's house all weekend. I had a great time. I am pretty tired (though not as tired as Rachel, it's worth it though, right Rachel?). :) I drove back this evening, and am happy to be home with my family. I missed them. Congratulations again David and Rachel! Thank you for letting me come down, and hang out with your beautiful children.
Derek and the kids stayed here. On Saturday the kids played outside, and Derek got some random things done around the house. Then they tried to get pumpkins. The first place they went was closed (the ad said it would be open - so annoying). The second place they went, the pumpkins were ridiculously expensive. They ended up going home empty handed. We will be going pumpkin shopping for family night tomorrow. :)
Today they went to church, a baptism, and then were invited over to someone's house for dinner. One thing that I have really loved about being out here is how well our friends from the neighborhood and church take care of each other. They are often aware when either Derek or I am out of town, and will invite the rest of the family over for dinner, or bring us a treat. It has happened multiple times. I am very grateful for it.
We didn't take any pictures this week, and I don't have any pictures of my sister's new baby. However, a few weeks ago Derek showed the kids how to use a program on our computer called Photo Booth. He thought they might get a kick out of it. Basically, it takes four quick pictures like one of those photo booths in the mall that teenagers get a kick out of squeezing into and making funny faces. Our kids LOVED it! They took about 280 pictures in just a couple of days. Derek and I spent an evening looking through the pictures. It was hilarious. For the most part, Derek and I weren't around for the pictures, so the kids personalities really came out. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That photo booth was pretty funny! it seems to me that you have a blankie ghost in your room, it appears in the back ground off and on, :) Congrats Rachel!
--Julie
Post a Comment