I, of course, forgot my camera, so I have no pictures to document the event. I am told that I will get copies of the pictures taken, but who knows when that will be my. Given that Rachel has a brand new baby, I don't expect them any time soon.
Kevin read several chapter books in the car on the way to and from my Sister's. It was really neat to see him be so entertained by reading. Derek was very happy about that.
Jenna has been wanting to learn to read for a long time. Slowly she is starting to recognize some words (other than her name and her family members' names). She recognizes "stop", "do", "and", and "Lord". I think it might be about time to pull out the sight word flash cards I have, and work on a word or so every week. Anyone have suggestions for good beginning reader books? I want something really simple, with just a few small words on each page. I am thinking I might look at the "Dick and Jane" books, but I was wondering if anyone has found anything else really simple. I would like to get her an easy reader for Christmas.
We are all feeling a lot better than last week. I always get sick through the Holidays, which is very frustrating. Since I am just getting healthy, I hope to be feeling well for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will be healthy for Christmas this year too.
I can't think of much else going on. We are really excited about Thanksgiving this year. Derek's family is coming here. We are really looking forward to all being together. We rented a larger home for while they are here. I just can't fit everyone comfortably in my house. It should be a good week. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Here are a few random pictures from the week:
Kevin took an "AR" test this week. (I am not really sure what that is, but it has something to do with reading). He did really well, and one of the rewards was a styrofoam airplane. He was so excited. I had to beg him to wait until we got home from the bus stop to let me put it together. He kept trying to put it together while we were walking home, and I was so nervous he would break it (which would mean a major melt down, from him, not me). :) Here is the finished product:
Derek has been staying home later a couple of mornings each week so that I can run. On those mornings he will take Jenna to school. That can be problematic because she needs a booster seat to do that, but sometimes I need both booster seats for later in the afternoon. We decided we needed to buy an extra one to keep in Derek's car, so we wouldn't have to worry about it. Jared loved playing with the box. :)
Speaking of Jared, he loves to dress up. I really need to look into getting him some boy dress-up clothes. He decided to be a fairy this week.
Here he is casting a spell on Derek. "Bipity, Bopity, Boo!" Can anyone say "blackmail" and/or "wedding video"?
3 comments:
Oh yes I can say "blackmail!" It's just what I was thinking anyway! Ha ha! i guess I am glad in more ways then one that I have all boys so far! I have a hard enough time keeping my boys away from my high heels as it is.
--Julie
AR is accelerated reading. I didn't know it was nationwide. I thought it was just in my district or AZ.
haha. love those pictures of him.
I was just at walmart and they had some books-- early reader books-- of the latest kids' idols--- cars, thomas, and all those princesses. I checked out the cars one, level 1, and they were way simple. One page said "dirty car," the next "clean car" and they were only $3. If you can't find them at yours let me know and i'll pick some up for you. They're just skinny paperbacks. i think they go up to level 4 or something.
just email me.
oh, and i need your address.
foreverfife {at} gmail
Post a Comment