Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sick

I don't have many pictures this week. We have all been sick. Now that I have disclosed that, you are all grateful for the lack of pictures, huh? :) For the most part we have just been dealing with nasty colds. We have all had it, and are all on the mend. Jenna missed school on Friday because she was vomiting Thursday night. Otherwise we have all just had coughs, runny/stuffy noses, sore throats , and a general "stuffed up" feeling. I think I got it the worst. My voice is still pretty bad. I am feeling better than I did on Tuesday night and Wednesday - hallelujah.

We did have someone over for dinner this week. He is a friend of ours, and his wife has been out of town for 6 weeks, attending to her deathly ill mother. I was trying to keep everything somewhat nice for him (you know, toys picked up, cushions on the couch instead of the floor, etc.). I was doing pretty well with that, until the very end. About ten minutes before he was supposed to be at our house (and a few minutes before Derek got home), I realized that Jared was sitting in the pantry with the door closed...NEVER a good sign. I opened it, and he had poured salt all over the floor and himself. Lovely. He went to time out while I cleaned it up. One thing I learned about salt though, is that it takes a long time to really be cleaned up. I swept the floor several time over the next two days before I felt like I was no longer walking on salt. Ah, the joys of parenting. :)

That is a lot more salt than it might appear. If you look closely, you can see it on the plastic around the paper towels.


The salt outside the pantry is from when I picked him up, and it fell off of him. There was another pile like that in "time out" after he had been standing there for a couple of minutes.

1 comment:

Van Cott Family said...

I find the vacuum handy in those moments. Gotta love the tale tale sign of quiet toddlers!
--Julie