We had a great Thanksgiving. Derek's mom, siblings, their spouses, children and significant others all came here for Thanksgiving. We were so excited to have everyone, but I knew there was no way that we could comfortably sleep 15 people in our house. We decided that renting a house we could all stay in for the weekend would be the best option. It took a lot of work to find one, but it was totally worth it. We found a great old farm house on 28 acres of land with 5 bedrooms and a huge dinning room. It was fun to all stay together, but not be on top of one another. The house had awesome toys for the kids to play with too.
We had so much fun. It was really nice to all be together as a family. I hope we can do that again sometime. I am including lots of pictures. However, know that I had over 500 to choose from, so I think I did a pretty good job narrowing it down. :)
Enjoy the pictures!
The house we stayed in. Isn't it beautiful?

A view from the back

What would a vacation be without a little Wii time?

I love her expressions.

The kids had a great time hanging out with Gordon, the fiance of my mother-in-law.

Even though there were lots of fun things to do inside, the kids prefered to be outside. The property around this place was awesome.
There were a few old barns on the property. They were really cool. The kids loved exploring them.










The inside of a barn

Inside a barn, looking out

Jared looking out from a barn

Jared and Jenna hanging out in a barn

Brian and Jenna hanging out in the barn

Brian and Jenna from another view

They were pretty high up. I thought these were great shots of the two of them.

This is a great bell. The kids had a blast ringing it. The owner told us he would use it as a dinner bell when he lived there.

The kids had a great time exploring the property.
Derek and Jared


Adlai and Jared

Jenna, Kevin, and Jared

Kevin and Jared

Kevin

Kevin, Jenna, and Derek climbing a tree

Kevin found an awesome walking stick while we were there. He named it "Sticky." He was devastated when he thought he lost it. He was even more heart broken when we told him he couldn't bring it home.

Monkey see, Monkey do. Since Kevin had a stick, Jared needed one too.

"Sticky" went everywhere Kevin did.


Somehow Jenna was privileged enough to hold "Sticky" for a minute. I guess Kevin wasn't actually too happy about it.

Jared decided to work on his golf swing a bit while we were there. :) I think he needs better fitting clubs...

Nana (Derek's mom) bought these Christmas snow globes for the kids. They LOVE them.

Doesn't Jenna look cute in these pictures? I am not biased. :)

Jared, Kevin, and Jenna

The cousins

Our Family

The whole family

Thanks for everything family! It was an awesome weekend.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time, and the house & property is beatiful! Your kids are so cute!! :)
Post a Comment