Kevin and Jenna had the week of July 4th off of school. That is the one week everyone gets off as they transition grades. Because of that we were able to go to Ohio to visit my grandparents. My brother and his family were there as well. We had a great time. I think it was one of the best vacations I have had in a long time. It was very relaxing. I did not want to leave. A big thank you to my family for making this such an awesome vacation. I think this might become a tradition. We missed those who couldn't make it.
My grandparents and two of my uncles and their families live at a lake. For the last several years one of the other lake residents has shot off fire works from his boat while everyone else watches from onshore. He puts on a great show. Plus everyone gets a good seat. :)
Here are the pictures from our trip:
Jared
Mr. Personality. That is a bubble gun. They lit up (perfect for night use), and the kids all loved them.
Jared with the lit bubble gun.
Derek making a s'more.
Jenna making a s'more.
Kevin eating a s'more.
Jenna with her s'more
Kevin watching fireworks (with chocolate evidence of his s'more on his face). :)
Derek and Amanda watching fireworks
Amanda, Grandma (or Great-Grandma to my kids), and Derek
Jared and Derek
Kevin using a sparkler
Jenna using a sparkler
Fireworks
It looks like the boat is exploding, but it isn't. :)
The fireworks were great.
In addition to celebrating the 4th of July, we were also able to play around. We did a lot of fishing, swimming, and playing.
Uncle Joe took everyone tubing. Jared and Jenna on the boat.
Jared on the boat
Jenna tubing
Kevin tubing (yes, he is standing)
Jared swinging at the pinata grandma filled for the kids
Jenna swinging at the pinata
Kevin swinging at the pinata
Jared proudly showing off his stash
Jenna and her stash (the kids loved the pinata)
Jared coloring a mask
Kevin working on his mask (my grandma had lots of fun things for the kids to do)
Aunt Jean has always been the resident braider. She is very good. One night Jenna wanted her hair braided, and Aunt Jean kindly took on the task. Thanks Aunt Jean!
Our family with my grandparents. They are awesome. Thank you so much for the best vacation!
1 comment:
Alright, I have lots of comments. 1) Your hair is cute. David said that you "look more distinguished." How did I miss the fact that you got your hair cut? Didn't we just talk about that. 2) Congrats to your kids for doing so well with swim team. 3) I'm so sad we missed out on Ohio. It looks like you guys had a blast. I may have to caravan up with you next year. 4) Now that you're up to date on your blog, I better get going on mine. 5) You are a great mom.
Post a Comment