Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Halloween 2011

We had a great Halloween season. Yes, it is a season around here, not a day. We decorated cookies, went to a local farm to buy pumpkins, went to a Halloween party at church, carved pumpkins, and finally went trick-or-treating. We ended up letting the kids have 15 pieces of candy from the church party, and 15 from trick-or-treating (plus what they ate the night of). The rest we donated. I definitely liked that, and we will do that again next year.

Derek and the cookie he decorated


Jenna decorating a candy corn cookie


Jared decorating a sugar cookie


Derek, Jared, Kevin, Alyssa, Jenna, and Amanda at the local farm where we bought our pumpkins


Jared, Kevin, Alyssa, and Jenna


Jared gutting his pumpkin


Kevin and Jenna gutting their pumpkins


Alyssa "enjoying" all the Halloween festivities (aka hanging out while we carved pumpkins)


I did the cutting of the pumpkins, but each child (except Alyssa, of course) designed their own. Here they are with the finished products. I thought they turned out well. Jared, Kevin, Jenna


Alyssa with her finished pumpkin


Here they are all lit up


Alyssa went as a lamb


Jenna went as a vampire princess. Her choice.


Jared is obsessed with Star Wars (thanks to Kevin). He went as a Clone Trooper (kind of like a storm trooper, but from Clone Wars)


Kevin, who is also obsessed with Star Wars, went as a Sith Lord


Derek went as a mad scientist. Yes, that is real ash on his face.


The whole gang (I didn't dress up, so I took the pictures). Jenna, Derek, Jared, Alyssa, and Kevin


Jenna with her loot


Kevin with his treasure


Jared with his goodies (he went home early, which is why he has so much less)

No comments: