This is the second year we have done D.C. Ragnar. Last year was the first year for the race in D.C. (there are other Ragnar relays all over the country - we ran one in Utah before we moved last year). This year was much smoother than last year. Overall we had a great time. It is a very challenging and rewarding race. We hope to be able to run it every year we live here. A big thanks to our wonderful friends for watching our children!!!
Here are the pictures. You'll notice we didn't take any pictures after the first set of legs, until we were all finished with our legs. I guess we were a little tired and distracted.
Here is van 1 of our team waiting for the race to start (Wess, Matt, Kim, Mandy, Amanda, and Derek):
Mandy, Kim and Derek waiting for the race to start
Our start. They actually started about 20 teams every hour from 8am to 4p. We started at 10a.
Here is Derek waiting to start his first leg.
Derek in the middle of his first leg. (I am in the background because I had just offered him a drink).
Derek at the end of his first leg. He handed off to Mandy.
Amanda waiting for the start of her first leg.
Mandy handed off to Amanda.
Amanda kicking it in to hand off to Matt.
Our team after we finished all three of our legs each. We were very happy to be done.
7 comments:
wow that sounds so fun and so hard! i wish i had you closer to motivate me to run more!
You guys are awesome! I have been improving on my running but I don't think I can run this much. It's really amazing! Congrats!
Seriously -- you guys are awesome. Congrats on doing the race. I'm always so impressed with anyone who has a kid or two or more that is still running or stays really active. Nice work.
Ok so I looked at the pic of you handing off the baton to see if you were wearing sneakers (you were wearing those brown shoes so I wanted to see if you were wearing those to run in... anyway...) and you look totally ripped! Very muscular. Awesome!
Way to go! You guys are awesome!
That's awesome!!! Congrats on a great accomplishment girlie!!
wow, that's awesome!! :)
Post a Comment