This post is a little out of order because I didn't have the pictures from it until yesterday. In April we joined a couple of friends and participated in the USMC mud run (http://www.usmcmudrun.org/). It was so much fun. The course was a little over 5 miles with 34 obstacles. It was very challenging, but very fun. I have a great scar on my leg from rubbing it raw on the very first obstacle. Oops! I hope that we get to do one of these again. Next time I am going to do a lot more to train my upper body. I only had two weeks notice for this, and I have to admit that I have no upper body strength. I was definitely the weak link on my team for all the obstacles that required upper body strength. We finished in 1:32:51. We placed 91st in our division (coed) out of 488. Not too bad for a team thrown together at the last minute. We had so much fun. Thanks to the Bethers for letting us join them. And a huge thanks to my sister-in-law for watching our children.
About to start the race. Nice and clean. :)

On your marks...Get set...GO!

Up the hill we go

Slopping monkey bars.

Under the logs. Some of these were filled with water. Not sure about this particular one.


Rolling in the mud (punishment for not completing the Tarzan rope swing (can be seen in the background))

Nasty thick black mud

Sizing up the wall

Climbing the wall (this one had slats to climb...the ten foot wall did not)


Into the water we go

Back out the other side

Derek attempting to do the height changing parallel bars (that's the proper name right? :) )

The plank. Punishment for not completing an obstacle (the height changing parallel bars)

Derek and Amanda running

Last obstacle. We had to carry one team member on a stretcher.


About to cross the finish line

Finished! Seriously so much fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment